The Dressing (make in advance of serving)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar (a mix of balsamic and white works well)
- 1 medium to large head of nappa cabbage
- 5-7 medium green onions, chopped
- 1 pkg sliced almonds
- 1/2 pkg sesame seeds (approximately 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 pkg thin chow mein noodles (crispy)
Cut the cabbage in thin slices to within 1 inch of the root end. Larger leafs on the outside may need to be taken off and cut separately to keep pieces thin.
Mix all ingredients and dressing together 5-10 minutes before serving.
Note: Be sure to buy the cooked or prepared chow mein noodles (eg. Farkay brand). I once bought a package of noodles which were uncooked and we almost all lost our teeth trying to eat the salad.